Sunday, January 18, 2009

Add Oil

So I came across with this quote of Mother Teresa on a calendar, "To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it. ~ Mother Teresa "

I guess this could very well explain why we all always tell others to 加油加油!Our lives are like the lamp, we gotta keep adding oil in it to keep the flame alive!

加油,黄钰庭!加油,Jack! (inspired by Fated to Love You)

I can tell that this semester is gonna be a tough one for me. Man, I have lots of catch-ups to do! Dunno why suddenly feel very motivated despite failing to register Econ Theory as my elective. haha but how long will I stay motivated? We'll see. lol

It's funny how on the last day of add/drop period only I got to sit down and see and think what I want to add for electives. After spending hours playing with the Star Planner, I ended up getting French and Intro to Psychology! These 2 weren't what I planned to take but well they like me so what to do? lol...

Week 2 of this sem is like one of my busiest week ever but somehow I enjoyed my busyness. lol...The bad thing is I didn't get to do any tutorials. I think I need to learn how to manage my time better.

Among memorable things that happend this week:

On Wednesday, Buddhist Society set up booths for our CIA project to raise fund for Alzheimer Disease Association. My director, Chin Keat put in a lot of effort and I kind of felt bad for not contributing more. Thanks to all who supported CIA 2009. :) Later in the evening, I got to go to SRC to watch the awesome inter-hall. Kudos to all the cheerleaders who trained damn hard for the competition and gave us a great show! Despite not being able to win again this year, Hall 8 cheerleading team rocks!

Genie Zuo Wen Xuan mini concert on Thursday! Argh..I missed it for the first "I Gave" meeting. >.< But hor, other than the romeo/juliet song she sings with Gary, I never got to listen to her songs. From what I heard and from the video posted on FB, Teck Hong rocked in the concert! Funny sial!

Then on Friday, Tian Long came all the way from Australia to Changi to NTU to visit Joseph, me and the campus. It has been almost one year since I last saw him. So it was great to meet him in NTU. :) Later in the evening, I went out to Geylang and Chinatown with Hall 8 residents. It was a great outing. 60++ people invaded the chong qing steamboat shop in Geylang. lol... The seafood there was not bad, at least better than what I had in Malacca lor. We headed to Chinatown after the steamboat, the deco there is very nice. At least it reminded me how close we're to Chinese New Year, unlike any other places in Singapore where I can't really feel that CNY is coming.

On Saturday morning, Buddhist Society organised a sub-comm outing for us, the little sub-commers. We played crazily on Siloso Beach, Sentosa! Woo hoo, no raining this time! (Last time I went there during orientation camp, it rained and we couldn't continue playing beach games. >.<) Thank you NTUBS for the outing. <3 After coming back from Sentosa, I went to Hall 7 with fellow Kokuians to give Suk Yee a surprised bday celebration. Haha, was she stunned! Happy birthday, Suk Yee! :)

That's the hightlight of the week for me. Here's to hope for another fun week ahead. And yea can't wait to go back to Malacca on Saturday! Arh...haha I can start emoing anytime from now when you mention anything bout Malacca and family-related stuff. Hmm...gotta start contacting my friends to arrange plans to visit teachers' houses lor. ^_^Woo hoo, I wanna play mahjong neh!

0 comments: